ARE YOU A RECENTLY QUALIFIED CPA, CA LOOKING TO JOIN A LARGE PUBLIC ACCOUNTING? Our client is hiring a Senior Staff Accountant to work out of their Mississauga office.
Senior Staff Accountant
About the Company
Our client is a global public accounting firm. We have placed several people here over the years and they are all doing well within their respective role
About the Opportunity
- Engage in the strategic and operational issues facing the Canadian business and add strategic value to assigned business units and to the CFO Canada’s overall financial direction to the company
- Prepare and complete working papers, financial statements and tax returns according to Firm and regulatory standards for clients in a variety of businesses and non-profit enterprises
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office (Word and Excel), Caseware, Caseview, and Taxprep
- Build effective working relationships with client contacts, and respond effectively to client requests and suggestions related to the engagement
- Draft reports and responses to client queries for manager review
- From time-to-time, the Senior Accountant may be asked to delegate, review and revise similar work by less experienced staff members
- Identify new business opportunities with existing clients
- Identify process improvements for future assignments and share their knowledge and experience with other team members, including less experienced staff
- Assist with the financial management of assignments/projects
- Participate in new business development initiatives through preparation of materials related to new business presentations and meetings, helping to write proposals, etc.
- Plan and execute assurance engagements
- CPA, CA
- 2-3 years of progressive public accounting experience
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #17346.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.
Lannick is the premier professional recruitment and staffing firm in the Greater Toronto Area. Founded in 1985, Lannick provides best-in-class finance, accounting and technology professionals at all roles and levels through its three divisions: Lannick Finance & Accounting, Pro Count Staffing and Lannick Technology. Lannick places more than 1,000 candidates annually and is a preferred vendor for Canada’s most successful organizations. Learn more at www.lannick.com.
Better jobs. Better people. Better fit.