This position is responsible for analyzing, designing, installing, configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting the company's network and systems/server infrastructure. This role performs a wide variety of evaluation, maintenance, installation and documentation tasks to ensure the computer network and system/server performance meets company and user satisfaction.
About the Opportunity
- Setup, configure, monitor and support Windows 2012+ servers, Exchange, Active Directory, VMWare, backups, etc.
- Configure, monitor and install LAN/WAN network gear for upgrading and maintaining network and telecommunication systems
- Interface with vendors and service providers on projects and support contracts
- Provide input into creation of processes and standards for network operation
- Troubleshoot malfunctions of network and server hardware and software applications, telephones and security systems to resolve operational issues and restore services
- Experience in an MSP (IT Managed Service Provider) or IT consulting environments is required (supporting multiple internal/external clients)
- Server and Network certifications preferred: CCNA, Microsoft, VMware, ITIL, etc.
- At least 10 years of experience in a server and network support role in a multi-location, midsize environment
- Strong experience installing and maintaining Windows servers (2003-2012 R2)
- Strong experience supporting and maintaining Exchange and Active Directory (group policy, etc.)
- Strong experience monitoring, supporting and deploying LAN/WAN networking gear (firewalls/switches) - Cisco, Sonicwall, Sophos or similar
- Good understanding of server/network security
- Experience with administering backups (Symantec, etc.)
- Experience maintaining MSSQL or other DB servers is a plus
- Azure experience is a plus
- Excellent communication and user support skills
- Travel within GTA up to 15%
85,000 - $95,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #28392.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.