About the Company
Our client is Ontario’s largest electricity transmission and distribution service provider. They are looking for a Senior Financial Advisor to join their team!
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- Opportunities to progress within this role
- High networking role and the team is very personable
- Excellent compensation package
- Participate in the development and review of distribution and transmission evidence for filing with regulatory bodies in support of multiyear applications for rates, generic proceedings, and other relevant applications.
- In support of the business, liaise with regulatory bodies to influence emerging rules and modify existing rules in the best interest of the Company and its customers. Assess and recommend appropriate business responses to address regulatory policy and rate-making issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Work with other departments in the development of their evidence, ensuring consistency with past proceedings, relevant codes and guidelines, and the Company’s current business plan.
- Recommend, coordinate, and finalize the Company’s input to proposed code amendments and other regulatory changes as assigned by the manager and consistent with the Company’s strategy and interests.
- Participate in the development and review of interrogatory and undertaking responses and the development and review of arguments for filing with regulatory bodies in support of multiyear applications for rates, generic proceedings, and other applications.
- Assist in the management of the Company’s witness training program through the preparation of questions and attendance at training sessions.
- Monitor, assess, analyze, and report on regulatory policy issues, recommending strategies, tactics, and positions for the Company to adopt in response to these issues.
- Provide expert advice, interpretations, and guidance for and in support of business and operating decisions.
- Stay informed about government policies related to the electricity industry and its impact on Distributors and/or Transmitters.
- Provide advice and guidance to Lines of Business relating to regulatory policies and strategies, relevant codes and policies, and application timelines.
- Collaborate with staff at regulatory bodies and other organizations on regulatory policy and rate-making issues to promote the Company’s interests. Participate in and/or lead internal and external working groups and industry forums as appropriate.
- Establish a comprehensive understanding of regulatory-related legislation, rules, licenses, and codes, acting as the subject matter expert within the company in regulatory policy.
- Other duties as required.
- CPA or similar recognized accounting designation
- Requires experience with the regulatory process in Ontario through participation in evidence preparation
- Requires an in-depth knowledge of regulatory requirements, codes, procedures and processes
- Experience and proficiency in the use of the following computer tools: Excel, Access, Word and Power Point to produce pre-filed evidence, interrogatory responses, undertakings and briefing materials for witnesses.
- Requires knowledge of finance and engineering principles to develop interrogatories, undertakings and arguments associated with transmission and/or distribution and other regulatory proceedings.
- Experience in the preparation of evidence from previous applications will be a definite asset.
$140,000 - $150,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote # 397444
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.