About the Opportunity
- Prepare financial statements for a portfolio of properties
- Prepare and post journal entries for expense accruals, mortgage payments, etc.
- Code and approve utility, expenses and legal invoices for accounts payable
- Responsible for General Ledger coding for cheque deposits by Revenue Control
- Liaise with the Property Manager, Asset Managers, Recovery Accountants, etc. and respond to inquiries
- Coordinate between departments; Tax department (interim and final tax bills, property assessment, etc) and Recovery Accounting department (monthly recovery calculations, tenant disputes, etc.)
- Plan and prepare month-end reporting periods (pre-booking journal entries, accruing revenue for management fees, etc.)
- Review lease summaries for accuracy (i.e. rates, square footage) and ensure proper accrual of tenant revenue
- Prepare cheque requisitions for property taxes, GST, promo fund, etc.
- Responsible for bank reconciliations, GST remittances, revenue forecasting and cash flow statements
- Responsible for the maintenance of fixed assets (set up and disposal of new assets)
- Prepare management reports
- Prepare month-end reporting packages
- Assist with budget re-forecasting
- Prepare statement of adjustments for the acquisition of properties
- Prepare and respond to inquiries for interim and annual audits
- Assist with preparing the annual budget
- Minimum 2 years full cycle accounting experience
- Experience preparing financial statements
- Intermediate MS Excel skills
- Experience with a large ERP is an asset
- Canadian university degree in Accounting or related discipline is an asset
- Flexible schedule and ability to work late
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Enrolled in or recently completed CPA designation is an asset
$27 - $32/hour
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #30112.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.