About the Company
Our client is a private property development company. They are looking for a Senior Project Accountant who will be responsible for preparation of monthly and annual financial statements and providing meaningful analysis on said statements. They will assist in the budgeting and forecasting process and maintain full accounting cycle for development projects.
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- Lots of opportunities to grow within the company
- Great area and space to work in
- Oversee the full accounting cycle for multiple development projects.
- Perform monthly calculations, reconciliations and recording of revenues, management fees, and interest for each project.
- Perform timely month-end close and ensure recording all pertinent transactions including setting up monthly accruals and properly document journal entries.
- Prepare monthly construction draws and co-ordinate with cost consultants.
- Coordinate with the operations and other teams to process monthly property financials (i.e. invoice coding, purchase orders, project details and variance analysis) as needed.
- Maintain ongoing analysis of project budgets on a pro forma basis from joint venture partners.
- Perform regular bank and trust deposit reconciliations.
- Set up project budgets, change orders and estimate in the accounting system, as well as implement control and maintenance activities.
- Prepare and process cash calls, record and reconcile project distributions/ contributions.
- Assist in cash flow reconciliations and analysis.
- Prepare internal and external partner reporting for each project including support for GL balances.
- Assist in monthly compliance reporting to lenders, government, and partners.
- Identify and implement process re-engineering opportunities.
- Ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Standards (IFRS and ASPE), internal audit and client accounting services and internal review standards.
- 3-5 years of accounting experience, within a real estate company experience preferred
- Experience working with project management, as well as on development and analysis of cost standards
$85,000 - $95,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 345409
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.