About the Company
Our client is an integrated private equity and real estate development company. They are looking for a Senior Project Accountant who will have exposure with a breadth of responsibilities which include real estate accounting and operations.
Why Work Here
- Very entrepreneurial culture, collaborative team environment and fantastic mentorship opportunities.
- Values individuals who are hard-working with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Great overall team culture, many team social events.
About the Opportunity
- Day to day full cycle accounting function of assigned corporate entities including bank reconciliations, account reconciliations and HST returns
- Prepare equity and debt draws for project ownership entities, partnerships, and joint ventures consistent with their respective legal structures, and in coordination with cost consultants and construction lenders
- Communicate and engage with investment partners on accounting inquiries and statements
- Provide financial analysis of projects and operations to the internal executive team, with a goal to seek improvements and compliance with project goals
- Prepare monthly reports on projects to be distributed to investors, partners, and lenders
- Monitor and manage the invoice payables of projects, while reconciling with the contracts to ensure accurate, consistent procedure and payment
- Conduct and manage with the team reconciliation of project accounts and reporting to external accounting firms for year-end filings
- Review monthly cost consultant reports and compare to accounting records
- Drive schedules on reporting requirements, budgeting, and investor reporting
- Monitor budgets and project performance, providing monthly budgeting forecasts
- Oversee and review work of junior project accountants with a goal to develop and mentor
- Prepare construction draw packages
- Verify and approve statement of adjustments, prepare, and post interim occupancy closing and final closing entries
- 3 years as a project accountant with at least 1 year in a supervisory role
- Prior experience working for a real estate company or developer
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel
$90,000 - $110,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #343690.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.