About the Opportunity
- Develop and execute procurement strategies for various types, ensuring alignment with the organization’s policies, laws, and trade agreements.
- Serve as a procurement advisor to all the internal departments, providing guidance on strategies, especially for unique and complex procurements.
- Lead negotiations and oversee the finalization and administration of contracts.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with business clients and vendors, including managing external vendor relations and monitoring existing contractual agreements.
- Contribute to initiatives aimed at improving procurement processes and system efficiencies. Experience with "Negotiated RFPs" in the Canadian and African procurement context.
- Support the finance team, Procurement and Administration Services with administrative tasks, including insurance requests and purchasing card program administration. Proficient in problem-solving, prioritization, and managing multiple projects with attention to detail.
- Oversee both incoming and outgoing shipping operations, including customs compliance and efficient handling of goods.
- 10 plus years of procurement experience preferably with organizations having operations across various countries. Experience in public authority or private sector, particularly in large capital projects
- Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, or a related field focusing on strategic sourcing/procurement
- Strong knowledge of procurement-related laws, trade agreements, contract administration, and financial processing.
- Accreditation in supply chain, procurement, or project management is an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Capable of quickly understanding business issues, providing practical advice, and clearly communicating complex procurement matters. Tactful and discreet in handling confidential information.
- Strong negotiation and relationship-building abilities.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment. Team player with a willingness to learn and contribute to team efforts.
- Software proficiency, especially in Excel and MS Office 365, and familiarity with large financial systems.
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #398124.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.