About the Company
Our client is a leading retailer in the cosmetics industry that is rapidly growing. They are currently looking for a Senior Cost Accountant to take responsibility for inventory accounting as it relates to costing, valuation, and management.
Why Work Here
- Comprehensive salary and benefits package
- Very entrepreneurial culture with a collaborative team environment and fantastic mentorship opportunities
- Company values individuals who are hard-working and looking to join a growing company with future growth potential
About the Opportunity
- Responsible for complete and accurate inventory and cost of goods accounting across all sites
- Preparation of production, costing, and inventory reports as well as management reports comparing factors affecting costing and profitability
- Analyze obsolescence and shrink provisions and partnering with inventory control team to determine root cause to support determination of provisions related to inventory
- Prepare raw material prepaid schedule and collaborate with accounts payable and procurement teams monthly to accurately recognize raw materials received
- Prepare accruals for raw materials purchases not invoiced
- Perform analysis on inventory valuation at month-end to actualize inventory for all entities and account for transfer pricing costing
- Performing monthly and year-end accounting closing procedures, including collaboration with plant personnel, preparation of standard entries, accruals and other adjusting entries, running and analyzing reports, etc.
- Inventory management – collaborating with Inventory Control, Supply Chain and FSS teams to execute physical inventory counts across all sites (annually and adhoc as required), including analysis of variance, coordinating recounts and reporting shrink resulting from counts.
- Liaise with external auditors during annual counts to ensure all audit requirements met and procedures completed timely and accurately
- Collaborating with Inventory Control to support cycle count program at various sites including reporting and analysis of results as part of monthly reporting package
- Assist in developing and documenting policies and procedures, including system requirements and internal controls
- Ensure validity and accuracy of ERP system through analysis, internal audit and coordination with inventory control, production and other functional teams
- Support FP&A team with budgeting and forecasting for inventory, costing and other related areas
- Experience within the Manufacturing industry
- Inventory Costing experience
- 3+ years of total experience
- CPA or CPA in progress is a strong asset
- Dynamics 365 is a strong asset
$70,000 - $85,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #29757.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.