About the Company
Our client provides a comprehensive solution for financing and managing licensed cannabis cultivators, processors and dispensaries. They are looking for a Senior Manager, US Tax who will oversee the company’s tax strategies, including optimizing 280E opportunities, managing provision calculations, ensuring disclosure compliance for filings, and coordinating income tax return preparation with external advisors.
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- Competitive compensation package with opportunity for career growth and progression
- Flexible culture that allows for remote work 3 days per week
- Established organization with a start-up feel – ability to make real impact
- Opportunity to build out and formalize the internal tax department
- Responsible for preparing quarterly consolidated income tax provisions including the preparation of tax disclosures in the company’s SEC filings (Forms 10-Q and 10-K) under U.S. GAAP.
- Prepare workpapers, schedules, calculations and other items related to federal, state and local tax expense provisions, payments, penalties & interest, true-ups and effective tax rates. Perform reconciliations of balance sheet liabilities and deferred taxes and prepare tax basis balance sheet adjustments.
- Coordinate, review and approve annual tax return filings.
- Maintain quarterly, annual, and long-range cash flow tax forecasts and advise on cash flow strategies consistent with the company’s objectives.
- Support tax planning, compliance and documentation surrounding uncertain tax positions in collaboration with third-party advisors.
- Develop strategies to optimize entity structure to effectively manage tax exposure.
- Monitor new tax laws, regulations, and financial reporting requirements.
- Work with Corporate Accounting to ensure proper tax reporting and control processes including recommendations to enhance internal controls.
- Interface directly with external auditors on quarterly reviews and annual audits.
- Collaborate with Legal and Finance on M&A activity, including tax due diligence, review of tax sections in acquisition agreements, and post-acquisition integration/compliance.
- Collaborate with senior leadership to develop and implement tax strategies aligned with business objectives.
- CPA Designation
- Minimum 5+ years of US Corporate Tax experience
- Extensive experience managing federal and multi-state corporate income tax processes including compliance reporting, audits, and notices
- Experience with manufacturing or retail operations
- Experience working within a publicly traded company
- Public accounting experience working within US GAAP/ASC 740
- Cannabis or other emerging industry experience
- Knowledge of section 280E of the internal Revenue Code and the current U.S. tax landscape
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and MS Office
$120,000 - $165,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #396797.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.