About the Company
Our client is a consumer-packaged goods company. They are looking for a Senior Manager, Technical Accounting who will be responsible for ensuring the correct application of IFRS in the Company's financial statements.
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- Opportunity for movement and involvement in projects within immediate team and the broader Finance function
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with a top-tier business school.
- Assessment and recommendation of appropriate accounting treatment for complex and unusual transactions, including but not limited to post retirement benefits, financial instruments, business combinations, biological assets and share-based compensation;
- Implementation of changes accounting standards as applicable;
- Assistance with preparation and review of annual and quarterly financial statements;
- Oversight of annual impairment testing;
- Responsibility for pension accounting and oversight of the preparation audited financial statements for the plans;
- Updates and review of accounting policies, including preparation of new policies as required;
- Responsibility for providing company-wide training on accounting and other relevant topics;
- Ad hoc projects as required
- CPA, CA designation
- Minimum 7-8 years of working experience in technical accounting and external reporting
- Minimum 4-5 years in a people leadership position
$140,000 - $150,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #393759
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.