About the Company
Our client is a full-service professional services firm in the GTA. They are looking for a Senior Manager, Taxation. Reporting to the Tax Partner, the Senior Manager will be responsible for supporting the tax department with consulting engagements, tax litigation matters, internal and external training, technical research, tax scheduling and communication with clients and counsel.
- Dynamic professional firm
- The Tax Partners are very savvy and have a great reputation in the industry
- Clear path to Partnership
About the Opportunity
- Participate in income tax consulting engagements including corporate reorganizations, estate litigation, mergers and acquisitions, life insurance planning and other general tax planning;
- Liaise with Canada Revenue Agency and relevant provincial ministries on client issues;
- Prepare election forms required in corporate reorganizations;
- Research client issues that arise from compliance or planning work;
- Correspond with team members and clients in response to specific corporate tax queries;
- Review, investigate and correct discrepancies and irregularities in financial entries and reports;
- Recognize and analyze problems, propose sound alternatives and conclusions;
- Assist with internal training and external marketing initiatives;
- Supervise and mentor staff, including review of tax files to ensure the firm’s standard of quality and accuracy is met;
- Manage project financials (budgets, WIPS, timely billing, etc.)
- CPA, CA
- In-Depth Level 3
- Tax planning & compliance experience
$100,000 - $150,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #27835.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.