About the Company
Our client is a publicly traded company in the manufacturing industry. They are looking for a Senior Manager, Tax to be accountable for addressing international taxation in a multinational environment while working with cross functional teams.
- Opportunities to grow within the organization
- Role is highly cross functional
About the Opportunity
- Monitor tax developments and business changes in relevant jurisdictions and proactively analyzing impacts, recommending and executing modifications in existing structures and inter-company arrangements
- Optimize tax attributes and incentives and their utilization to optimize cash taxes
- Collaborate with Treasury to ensure tax effective group financing and earnings repatriation
- Actively identify tax risks and opportunities in existing or new business transactions
- Create, manage and maintain all transfer pricing related documentation globally
- Review IFRS tax provisions and global tax forecasts and provide value-added analysis in managing consolidated tax provisions, uncertain tax positions and external reporting requirements compliant with SOX
- Ensure legal entity focused accounting supporting transactions allowing tax filings to be prepared efficiently and correctly
- Review all corporate income tax filings
- Respond to queries and positions from government auditors, proactively managing tax controversy and negotiating
- Manage indirect taxes in Canada and the US
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives around tax processes to achieve efficient delivery of tax functions
- Minimum 5-7 years of tax experience
- International tax experience, worked in other multinationals and dealt with different jurisdictions
- Strong project management skills
- IFRS/ public company experience is an asset
$130,000 - $140,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #26336.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.