ARE YOU A SEASONED SENIOR MANAGER OF OPERATIONS AND ACCOUNTING AND CONTROLS LOOKING TO UTILIZE YOUR EXPERIENCE? Our client is seeking a detail-oriented professional to join their team on a full-time basis.
Senior Manager Operations Accounting & Controls
Reporting to the Director of Finance, Operations, the Senior Manager Operations Accounting & Controls will lead the accounting responsibilities of the Operations Accounting group.
About the Opportunity
- Overseeing the North American consolidation and monthly close process
- Overseeing financial statement review process
- Completing the financial analyses for senior management
- Preparing of specific quarterly financial and operational review meeting presentations
- Providing accounting support to the mills
- Managing the external review and audit process for the North American Operations Group
- Acting as primary point of contact with external auditors in Toronto for the North American operations and liaise with the mills on issue resolution
- Managing the preparation of audit working papers and analyses
- Ensuring adequacy and compliance to internal controls standard to support annual and quarterly certification requirements
- Supporting SOX and internal control testing as assigned
- Working with the Director and the Internal Audit group on continuous review and enhancement of controls.
- Managing and developing the team of 3 Regional Finance Leads
- Ensuring cross-training opportunities are identified and executed
- Providing training/onboarding support to Finance Teams
- Consolidating weekly forecasts, reviewing preliminary of the annual plan and quarterly forecast submissions and commentary
- Ensuring accounting policies and procedures are appropriately and consistently applied across North American mills
- Identifying and developing ways to enhance financial and management reporting within existing consolidation software (Longview)
- Planning and leading projects as needed across the financial teams. Ensure completion of user testing/validation
- Participating in design/training workshops
- Providing guidance on impact to current financial policies and procedures and internal controls
- 5+ years of accounting experience at a Big 4 firm
- Leadership in financial management
- Ability to forge strong working relationships at all levels in the organization
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexible, detail-oriented, accurate and able to prioritize to meet deadlines
- Highly-tuned analytical and problem-solving ability
- Strong strategic and creative thinking skills – an agenda setter
- Results orientation
- Business acumen
- Experience with Sarbanes Oxley controls
- Experience in Manufacturing will be an asset. As well the ability to converse in French
- Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 experience preferred and have a proficiency in MS Office
$115,000 - $125,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #23810.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.
Lannick is the premier professional recruitment and staffing firm in the Greater Toronto Area. Founded in 1985, Lannick provides best-in-class finance, accounting and technology professionals at all roles and levels through its four divisions: Lannick Finance & Accounting, Pro Count Staffing, Lannick Technology, and Lannick Project Recruitment. Lannick places more than 1,300 candidates annually and is a preferred vendor for Canada’s most successful organizations. Learn more about Lannick, a Vaco company, at www.lannick.com.