About the Company
This is a great opportunity to develop and utilize your skills in a rapidly growing, global cannabis company where you will always be challenged every day. In this hybrid role, the Assistant Controller will be responsible for technical accounting, internal controls, process improvement, ad hoc projects, and financial reporting.
Why Work Here
- Rapidly growing company
- All star C-suite team with a track record of value creation and success
- Incredible upside potential for the Cannabis space
- New role due to growth
About the Opportunity
- Implement new financial reporting standards as required by IFRS or US GAAP
- Assess impacts on financial reporting processes and internal controls as well as changes to business metrics resulting from new accounting standards
- Prepare and review technical accounting memos on transactions and initiatives, as well as existing applications of US GAAP in light of evolving industry practices and benchmarking
- Communicate new accounting standards and external developments in US GAAP, including delivering presentations in regular company-wide US GAAP education programs
- Prepare disclosures and review financial statements, note disclosures for the quarterly and annual financial statements required for external reporting as directed by Senior Director of Financial Reporting
- Prepare disclosures and review Management’s Discussion & Analysis as directed by Senior Director of Financial Reporting.
- Assist in the preparation of Monthly Management Reporting to the Senior Leadership Team
- Manage and coach team members
- Build and Maintain Accounting Policies for the Finance Team
- CPA, CA
- 5 years of financial/corporate accounting experience, including auditing public companies ( US GAAP reporting)
- Extensive publicly traded company/client experience
$135,000 - $145,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 28107.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.