About the Company
This is a great opportunity to develop and utilize your skills in a rapidly growing CPG company where you will always be challenged every day. This position and team will evolve and grow over time, as a Manager of External Reporting you will be responsible for supporting in managing the accounting and finance needs for their growing organization.
Why Work Here
- Organization is growing quickly
- Company is continually changing and growing and evolving; growing organically through strategic acquisitions
About the Opportunity
- Prepare and review the monthly internal management reports, including detailed variance analysis with respect to actual results, relative to the budget and forecast
- Compile and review the supporting schedules, content and notes for the external financial statements and the MD&A
- Act as a technical accounting advisory contact for all levels of the organization
- Lead research on technical accounting issues under IFRS, including the preparation of accounting memos and policies to support business initiatives
- Liaise with legal department on external reporting regulations and guidelines to assess potential impacts on external reporting
- Execute KPI, competitor reporting, analytics and proactively identify value-add business insights and present to management
- Liaise with external auditors to support the quarterly review and annual audit process
- Monitor, recommend and implement process improvement initiatives to increase effectiveness and productivity
- Create a strong business partnership to drive ownership of internal control policies and procedures
- Strong IFRS and public accounting background with external reporting experience
- Solid technical accounting knowledge and the ability to interpret complex technical accounting issues and implement practical solutions
- Self-starter, well-organized with excellent attention to detail
$100,000 - $120,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #25314.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.