About the Company
Our client is a highly acquisitive software company. They are looking for a full time Senior Manager, M&A Tax to join the team in a newly created position.
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- Internal culture is entrepreneurial and collaborative
- Recognized as one of the fastest growing private software companies
- Lead and manage the M&A tax process for the company’s acquisition opportunities, including performing tax due diligence
- procedures and recommending tax-efficient acquisition structuring steps.
- Build out the M&A tax team and optimize the M&A tax process, including hiring and leading offshore resources.
- Document and communicate tax due diligence findings to non-tax specialists internally at the company.
- Work with legal counsel to implement acquisition steps and ensure exposures identified during due diligence are addressed
- in purchase agreements.
- Collaborate with internal finance and operational teams to ensure that tax findings identified pre-acquisition are addressed
- Manage and utilize external tax advisors in different countries to support the M&A tax process.
- Provide verbal and written responses to inquires from tax authorities related to pre-acquisition tax matters.
- Assist with the review of tax related items on purchase price adjustment and purchase price allocation calculations.
- Assist with ad hoc tax projects, including tax research, analysis, and written memos.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- CPA designation. Masters of Taxation or Completion of Canadian In-Depth Tax program is an asset.
- 5+ years of tax experience, including 2+ years of M&A income and sales tax experience.
$130,000 - $160,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #389212
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.