About the Company
Our client helps economically disadvantaged young people. They are looking for a Senior Manager Investment Operations who will oversee and lead operations for the Company's investment function, including selecting strategic partners, onboarding, and managing new processes.
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- Entrepreneurial culture
- Make a difference
- Growing company
- Support the transition of the Company’s current investments operations
- Accountable for the Company’s day to day execution of the current investment operations processes post transition
- Support the design and implementation of the new target operating model for investment operations to enable the Company’s diversified investment plan. This includes the execution of a selection process for strategic operations partners (e.g custodian, fund accounting), onboarding selected partner(s) and designing and implementing new processes
- Day to day execution of the Company’s established investment operations processes
- Ongoing oversight of the day to day execution of investment operations processes performed by external strategic operating partners
- Partner directly with investment/front office members on the onboarding of new investments and addressing trade/transaction, valuation and other investment data related queries
- Partner directly with external investment partners (e.g. external investment managers) on the onboarding of new investments and ongoing operational execution and operational reporting related matters
- Partner directly with the Company’s finance team members
- Functions in scope: Trade confirmation and settlements, payment processing, asset servicing (e.g. corporate actions) investment accounting including valuation, data quality operations for all investment related data
- CFA or Professional Accounting Designation preferred
- 8-10 years of experience in investment operations in an asset owner and/or asset manager context
- Experience across several asset classes (external funds, capital markets cash and derivative products)
- 3-5 years of people leadership experience
$120,000 - $150,000/ year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #397460.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.