About the Company
Our client is a clean power producer. They are looking for a Senior Manager, Internal Audit who will be responsible for assisting the Board, including the Audit and Risk Committee and management in fulfilling their responsibilities by providing independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve the company’s operations.
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- Vibrant, friendly, fast-paced culture.
- Many employee perks and events.
- Highly educated professionals.
- Provide strategic leadership in helping develop the direction and priorities of the Internal Audit department.
- Contribute to ongoing business planning of the Internal Audit department, continuously identify cost-effective means to achieve strategic objectives and measures within the Internal Audit Scorecard, including managing the departmental budget.
- Lead practice development/enhancement initiatives to support achievement of Internal Audit strategic objectives.
- Collaborate with Internal Audit leadership in developing the Annual Internal Audit Plan, provide feedback on the company’s enterprise risk profile, and identify areas of internal and external stakeholder operations requiring in-depth review and assessment.
- Manage allocation of audit resources within the assigned portfolio and across the Internal Audit practice and assign staff to engagements based on availability and skillsets to best meet audit objectives.
- Oversee all steps of the audit project lifecycle and manage audit teams to effectively provide value-add recommendations to the business and to identify improvement opportunities to controls and processes.
- Conduct and manage audit and advisory engagements on-time, within budget and in accordance with the IPPF Standards, ensuring high-quality engagement procedures, documentation and files.
- Provide specialized expertise to audit teams to ensure business risks are managed appropriately, that the system of internal controls is efficiently operating, and to continually improve practices to keep up with evolving business needs.
- Provide audit reports to management, executives and the Board on audit findings and systems of internal controls and support the preparation of quarterly reports to the Audit and Risk Committee
- Work with management in developing action plans to address audit findings, ensuring that they adhere to expected resolution timelines; follow up and report on status of management actions and obtain evidence to support completion.
- Provide ongoing coaching, guidance, development, and performance management of audit staff to foster an inclusive, respectful, psychologically safe, and high-performing work environment focused on continuous improvement.
- Lead retention and recruitment (as required) of audit staff in assigned portfolio to maintain appropriate staffing levels required for current and future project needs.
- Lead and support the implementation of tools and technology required for audit activities.
- Establish and maintain regular interactions with management to stay current on business unit risks, performance trends, process changes and improvement initiatives that may be included in the Internal Audit Plan.
- Collaborate with internal and external assurance providers to reduce or eliminate duplication of work and enable optimal use of resources.
- Lead special investigations and ad hoc engagements as requested by the Board, the Chief Risk & Audit Executive or management.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, business, engineering, IT or a related field and equivalent practical experience.
- Professional auditing and/or accounting designation (CIA, CPA or CISA)
- Eight years plus of progressive experience in internal or external audit in an organizational leadership role (preferably in a mid-size to large company) or Big Four/ professional services firm.
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #371940
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.