About the Company
Our client is a high-growth computer software/ technology organization that has customers in over 100 countries. They are currently seeking a Senior Manager, Indirect Tax to support the Senior Director, Global Tax & Treasury in revamping the Company’s internal indirect tax function in a rapid paced environment.
Why Work Here
- High growth organization, growing organically and through acquisitions
- Very progressive and puts employees first
About the Opportunity
- Oversee and manage the preparation and timely filing/remittance of all domestic and international indirect taxes (e.g., US SUT, VAT, Australian GST, Canadian GST/HST, QST and PST).
- Manage the design, execution, and maintenance of indirect tax policies, processes, and internal tax controls documentation.
- Manage domestic and international indirect tax processes and procedures. Identify and implement changes to improve accuracy and efficiency, including system integration and automation.
- Manage domestic and international indirect tax examinations/audits. Review indirect tax assessments from various tax authorities, formulate and execute effective responses/appeals.
- Review and respond to indirect tax questions from customers and internal stakeholders. Serve as a key support/resource to sales, customer support and procurement teams to address indirect tax related questions.
- Manage Achievers’ international indirect tax registrations and business license requirements as the Company expand into new markets.
- Manage the accounting for indirect taxes, including journal entries, accruals, reconciliations, and resolution of reconciling differences.
- Assist with indirect tax research and analysis related to corporate development initiatives. Manage indirect tax compliance associated with new market or product launches.
- Monitor legislative changes that may impact the Company and address any consequences of such changes. Assist with analyzing sales and vendor agreements to identify and address indirect tax issues.
- Maintain collaborative working relationships with other departments, business units and external advisors and auditors.
- Recognized as a strong communicator who conveys, both orally and in writing, insights, concepts, and ideas in a clear, simple, and concise manner.
- 7/8+ years of experience providing domestic and international indirect tax advice/managing the indirect tax function for multinational companies.
- Technology/Software industry experience preferred.
- Global indirect tax experience in EMEA and APAC region is a must.
$160,000 - $180,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #299337.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.