About the Company
Our client is a high-growth software/ technology organization that has customers in over 170 countries. They are currently seeking a Senior Manager, Global Income Tax who will primarily be focused on tax reporting, tax compliance and management of external service providers globally to ensure timely and accurate filings of corporate tax filings.
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- Join a high functioning, high growth organization with oppoutnity for career progression. The company is growing organically and through acquisitions
- Competitive compensation package, inclusive of pension patching and strong paid time off policy.
- Great development opportunity and exposure to global taxation as they are going into new countries
- Manage the preparation and timely filing of Canadian, US (Federal and State) and foreign tax compliance, with a strong focus on U.S. and Canadian taxation.
- Assist in the preparation and or review of the consolidated annual tax provision under ASC 740 and facilitate the annual financial statement audit of tax accounts.
- Responsible for the Company’s uncertain tax positions analysis and the conclusions related to global tax matters.
- Assist in the review of transfer-pricing activities, develop support related to methodologies and documentation of various intercompany and cross-border transactions.
- Management of tax installments and taxes payable for all domestic, US and foreign legal entities; working with the Company’s corporate finance and foreign regional controllership teams.
- Assist with global cash tax forecasting within the Company’s annual budget and strategic corporate plans.
- Manage all tax examinations by external auditors and resolve tax issues in the most cost-effective manner. Liaise with domestic & overseas accountants, auditors, tax authorities, and outside advisors.
- Assist the VP, Global Tax & Treasury in the design, execution, and maintenance of tax policies, tax processes and internal tax controls documentation.
- Manage and assess potential SRED and other R&D or tax credit/incentive eligibility.
- Assist with various global income tax, indirect tax, and ad hoc projects.
- Provide tax assistance on corporate development initiatives including research, modeling, due diligence, and structuring evaluations.
- Key tax support to Sales, Customer Support teams in respect of FAQ tax questions.
- Monitor legislative changes in U.S., Canada, and key international jurisdictions that may impact the Company and work with third-party advisors to address any consequences of such changes.
- Perform detailed research within US international tax and foreign tax laws, regulations, and other legal authorities and prepare memos to support the Company’s tax positions.
- Be involved with industry groups to keep abreast of tax developments and concerns.
- Maintain collaborative working relationships with other departments, business units and external advisors.
- CPA designation
- Masters of Tax and/or CICA In depth Tax I, II, III preferred
- 10 to 15 years of tax compliance, tax provision, and international tax experience for multi-national corporations, including prior public accounting (Big 4 experience preferred)
- Must have in-depth knowledge of U.S. tax laws/regulations, inclusive of international tax provisions of Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 (GILTI, BEAT, FDII, and FTC)
- Experience in ASC 740 Accounting for Income Taxes under U.S. GAAP is a must
- Familiar with operations of international tax treaty networks and withholding tax
- Experience with U.S. Sales tax compliance is a plus
- Able to express facts and ideas in writing in a clear, convincing, and organized manner; listen effectively, and clarify information as needed to tax and non-tax internal and external stakeholders
- Experience with NetSuite, Avalara and/or comparable software is a plus
$160,000 - $175,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #384947.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.