ARE YOU A MANAGER, FP&A LOOKING LOOKING TO TAKE YOUR CAREER TO THE NEXT LEVEL? Our client is seeking a professional with excellent communication skills to join their organization for a 4 month contract.
Manager, FP&A - 4 Month Contract
Our client is looking for an interim Manager of FP&A to cover a leave.
About the Opportunity
- Communicate the current financial performance of the business. Oversee the production of the monthly variance analysis of actual vs budget and forecast, including root cause analysis and recommendations to improve profitability and deliver planned targets
- Make recommendations for proactive operational changes to drive for improved financial management and profitability. Work collaboratively with business unit leadership to influence required changes
- Ensure required monthly management reports, and metric reports for the key business lines are produced on time, and are unified in methodology and approach, regardless of geography
- Prepare a monthly reporting package that includes key financial information, comprehensive Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reporting, operational Dashboard reporting, analysis of key performance drivers and business trends, actual versus budget variances, and comprehensive executive level explanations of differences
- Assist in preparing analysis, commentary and presentation material for the monthly and quarterly financial review meetings
- Drive improvements in the company's approach to managing client profitability
- Collaborate with the Pricing team to adjust company pricing/bid model to address learnings and to ensure long term financial targets are met. Proactively make recommendations for new pricing strategies in market to ensure improved financial performance for the company
- Provide financial support for business cases. Track actual performance vs estimated in the business cases to capture learnings and report back to management
- 7+ years of work experience in a similar role
- Previous experience in financial analysis and planning with a strong link to business and operations are a must
- Previous people management experience is required
- Excellent communication skills, and a demonstrated ability to work effectively with others
- Strong analytical skills with a proven ability to interpret data and analyze information
- Strong MS Excel and experience with Hyperion / HFM or similar BI tool would be an asset
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #23817.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.
Lannick is the premier professional recruitment and staffing firm in the Greater Toronto Area. Founded in 1985, Lannick provides best-in-class finance, accounting and technology professionals at all roles and levels through its four divisions: Lannick Finance & Accounting, Pro Count Staffing, Lannick Technology, and Lannick Project Recruitment. Lannick places more than 1,300 candidates annually and is a preferred vendor for Canada’s most successful organizations. Learn more about Lannick, a Vaco company, at www.lannick.com.