About the Company
Our client is a leader in the asset management industry. They are looking for a Senior Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis who will be responsible for overseeing the planning, budgeting, forecasting and analysis activities in support of the company’s investment cost management strategy.
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- High visibility to the Board of Directors and senior leadership
- High growth company with lots of opportunity to drive value
- With the end state in mind, design, obtain support and implement a program that defines how the company collects, stores and reports on investment management costs in a “one sources of truth” approach.
- Developing and maintaining the cost data and complex financial models to efficiently budget and forecast Investment manager fees with flexibility to run multiple scenarios for internal stakeholders.
- Partnering with Investment Operations, Finance and Portfolio Construction teams to maintain the inputs, controls and key assumptions of financial models.
- Advise business unit leaders and provide analysis that is actionable as well as provides management with the ability to appropriately manage costs with a specific focus on External Manager Fees and Carried Interest.
- Support an efficient and comprehensive process for developing financial plans (annual budgets, regular forecasts in the latter part of any fiscal year, and longer-term strategic plans) that links analysis to the company’s strategic objectives.
- Conducting deep dive analyses of specific targeted line items and expense categories, as requested by the Chief Financial Officer and the executive team.
- Preparing high quality financial analysis and presentations for the executives, senior management, clients, and Boards of Directors.
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts related to cost related processes and Adaptive Insights, the company’s corporate budgeting and planning tool.
- Provide ownership over the external benchmarking of costs with the company’s peer group and the completion of cost surveys through CEM Benchmarking.
- Prepare analysis and trend reports to assist the CFO with reviewing results and monitoring cost centre and asset class budget to actual comparisons on a timely basis.
- Work in a fast-paced, high-energy start-up environment while participating in the creation of foundational processes to scale-up the organization.
- Prepare process documentation with clearly defined roles and responsibilities and embedded controls.
- Supporting a culture of financial transparency and continuous improvement.
- Participating in special projects, as assigned.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in financial analysis is required with demonstrated expertise in creating and maintaining complex financial models.
- Experience in the asset management industry is required with a strong understanding of investment management costs related to diverse investment strategies and multiple legal entities.
- Possess a relevant industry designation, such as the CFA or CPA.
$125,000 - $135,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #371271
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.