About the Opportunity
Quarterly and Annual Reporting
- In coordination with the Group Reporting Controller, assist in preparing the quarterly and annual Management’s Discussion and Analysis
- Monitor the evolving disclosure practices of industry peers, including best practice disclosure companies within the Canadian regulatory environment, on a regular basis
- Remain abreast of current and emerging IFRS accounting and disclosure requirements
- Oversee the implementation of Group accounting changes
- Project manage special projects as they arise, liaising with Finance Managers at operations as required.
- Oversee the Corporate Accounting function
- Responsible for the review of all non-routine journal entries
- Oversee the quarterly forecasts and annual budgeting process
Regulatory Compliance and Internal Controls
- Review the bi-weekly payroll process
- Review annual statutory reporting to the CRA and provision of T4s to employees
- Provide guidance as required to the Accounts Payable and Payroll Analyst
- Integrate current and emerging regulatory reporting requirements
- Qualified CPA, CA
- At least 5 years’ experience in a financial reporting role or within a management role in practice
- Work experience in the mining industry an asset
- Excellent management and leadership skills, with at least 5 years’ experience in managing teams. Enjoys providing mentorship and supporting staff on work and personal matters
- Strong financial reporting expertise with a broad experience base gained from working in a leadership role with a large, international, publicly traded corporation or at a senior level within practice
- Strong technical accountant who understands the complex reporting requirements of a multinational company including group consolidations
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote # 381468.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.