About the Opportunity
- In coordination with the Group Reporting Controller, assist in preparing the quarterly and annual Management’s Discussion and Analysis
- Remain abreast of current and emerging IFRS accounting and disclosure requirements
- Oversee the implementation of Group accounting changes under IFRS
- Assess accounting treatments
- Project manage special projects as they arise, liaising with Finance Managers at operations as required
- CPA, CA designation
- 5+ years’ experience in a financial reporting role or within a management role in practice
- Experience in the mining industry is an asset
- Excellent management and leadership skills, with 5+ years’ experience in managing teams. Enjoys providing mentorship and supporting staff on work and personal matters
- Strong financial reporting expertise with a broad experience base gained from working in a leadership role with a large, international, publicly-traded corporation or at a senior level within practice
- Strong technical accountant who has an understanding of the complex reporting requirements of a multinational company including group consolidations
- Proven ability to provide senior management with guidance and advice on the reporting ramifications related to transactions and the implications of changes to regulations
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #28946.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.