About the Company
Our client is one of the largest, most diverse clean power producers in North America. They are looking for a Senior Manager, External Reporting & Accounting who will ensure compliance with accounting standards and is responsible for the finalization, preparation, and review of financial reporting and disclosure requirements for annual and quarterly filings as set out by securities commissions or contractual requirements.
Why Work Here
- Work for a world-class company with ability to promote within the finance team quickly for passionate, dedicated individuals
- Vibrant, friendly, fast-paced culture
- Many employee perks and events
- Highly educated professionals
About the Opportunity
- Prepare annual and quarterly financial statements, MD&A, News Release, AIF, and other information used for external reporting purposes. This includes information submitted to the Audit and Risk Committee and the Board of Directors and information filed with external bodies such as the Ontario Securities Commission;
- Review and comment on the company's (and subsidiary) annual and quarterly financial statements, which have been prepared for external reporting purposes;
- Review accounting developments and related external analysis; and review and finalize internal analysis and comment letters on exposure drafts;
- Review corporate accounting and financial policies and processes that comply with external reporting requirements and US GAAP;
- Work closely with the Company’s external auditor to resolve non-routine and complex accounting and finance related issues;
- Provide a leadership role in managing the program which supports the due diligence activities of the Chief Financial Officer and the Chief Executive Officer relating to quarterly and annual certification;
- Provide direction and supervise a team ensuring strong performance and adherence to corporate behaviours and values; and
- Assign time-targeted tasks, setting effective context, and clearly communicating objectives. Monitor progress and quality, conduct reviews of staff progress, accountabilities, and output.
- 7+ years of accounting, external reporting, external audit experience is required, experience gained in a regulated environment is preferred;
- 2+ years of management experience effectively leading, influencing, and motivating a team of accounting / external reporting resources and/or department is required;
- Experience in reviewing external financial reports (MD&A and financial statements), and conducting technical accounting analysis;
- In-depth knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS, identifying key issues and assessing alternative solutions;
$130,000 - $140,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #323698.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.