About the Company
Our client is a leader and one of the largest organizations in the real estate industry. They are continuing to grow and are looking to add a Senior Manager, External Reporting who will be responsible to support their growth, we are continuing to invest in our quarterly and annual report
Why Work Here
- Very strong team of CPA, CA's at head office
- Company is performing extremely well
- Real estate sector is one of the best performing sectors historically
- Flexible managers who allow people the flexibility to plan their own schedules as long as work is getting done
About the Opportunity
- Ensure the REIT meets all IFRS and OSC requirements.
- Provide appropriate accounting treatments for proposed transactions and devising and maintaining frameworks and guidance.
- Build relationships and accumulate knowledge from across the Accounting Department, tailoring accounting policies to achieve both compliance and operational needs.
- Run training sessions with affected groups of new accounting pronouncements. Clearly communicate complex topics and issues to non-specialists. Break down concepts to practically apply the new accounting standards within our company.
- Review the quarterly report and regulatory submissions.
- Liaison with parent and sister companies, enabling their specific accounting policy choices.
- Manage the compilation of reporting packages to the parent company.
- Manage the quarterly reviews and annual audit
- CPA, CA
- 5 years of experience in a national accounting firm and/or an accounting policy team
- Experience with TSX listed public companies
- Real Estate industry experience is an asset
$125,000 - $135,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 318192.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.