Senior Manger, Tax
Reporting primarily to the Controller, the Senior Manager of Tax will be responsible for tax compliance, reporting and to provide technical expertise related to tax provisions and returns.
Cordelio manages 1,200+ MW renewable power generation portfolio that includes (i) a 396 MW portfolio of wind and solar projects in Ontario (51% owned by Cordelio), and (ii) a 656 MW (net) wind and solar portfolio owned by Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (“CPP Investments”) through a joint venture with a strategic partner. Cordelio is also actively building a wind, solar, and storage development pipeline with a projected nameplate capacity of greater than 7,500 MW of wind, solar and storage projects in the western and midwestern US. Cordelio carries out its operations and growth activities by working with all stakeholders in an efficient, safe and environmentally responsible manner. Cordelio is based in Toronto, Ontario, and is wholly owned by CPP Investments.
- Oversee Canada and US tax operations including tax planning and strategy, tax compliance, transfer pricing, tax accounting matters, cross border repatriation, tax restructurings)
- Manage relationships with tax advisors and consultants to assess tax planning opportunities
- Prepare quarterly/annual consolidated income tax provisions, return to provision adjustments, financial statement disclosures and memorandums
- Review Canadian income tax returns, foreign reporting forms, indirect tax returns and related tax remittances and oversee US income tax returns and provisions.
- Review of commercial contracts with new partners to determine tax implications in applicable jurisdictions
- Ensure compliance with the Company's internal control framework and periodically update control narratives
- Keep current on relevant federal, provincial and foreign statutory/regulatory and/or technology changes to identify and implement necessary changes and best practices
- Work on special projects as related to income taxes as required
- Adopt a mindset of continuous process improvement and automation of the compliance and reporting functions
- Oversee monthly HST filings
- Analyze and prepare tax account balances/reconciliations and prepare all tax journal entries
- CPA with 6-8 years of progressive Corporate Tax experience
- Completion of CICA In-Depth tax course
- Preference is larger international companies
- Experience with Canadian and US taxes
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Strong accounting, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively with a team
Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel, with an aptitude for new technology