About the Company
Our client is a leading expert in the food/retail industry. They are looking to have an adaptive, resourceful and inquisitive individual join their Finance Team as a Senior Manager, Audit for an 18-month contract.
- Prestigious Canadian company
- Very good work/life balance
- Strong employee compensation package along with various other non-monetary selling features
About the Opportunity
- Provide audit assurance and verification services, assuring that proper operational business processes and financial controls are in place in each of the businesses
- Manage the development and execution of detailed audit plans
- Ensure that professional standards are maintained in the planning, execution, and accumulation of audit evidentiary data
- Evaluate all audits and other projects to identify any internal control weaknesses, accounting issues or weaknesses in operational processes
- Accumulate, evaluate, communicate, and follow-up on all audit findings for both internal controls and operational controls. Assess the overall internal control environment using audit findings and audit documentation as the main source of input
- Prepare audit reports with findings and recommendations; present and discuss the reports with senior management
- Assist with preparation of quarterly Audit and Risk Committee reports
- Manage completion of the Annual Audit Plan and any unplanned audits for projects that arise during the year
- Manage and counsel audit team members; provide oversight and review their work
- 5-7 years’ work experience (2-4 years in a managerial role)
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of internal auditing and control standards and internal consulting skills
- Experience from public accounting
$90,000 - $95,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #27382.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.