About the Company
Our client is in the financial services industry. They are currently looking for a Manager, Enterprise Tax who will be responsible for enterprise tax activities, including research, monitoring of and reporting on tax risks that may impact either the pension plan or its investments, and overseeing all domestic and international tax (excluding the U.S.) compliance obligations
Why Work Here
- Comprehensive salary and excellent benefits package
- Excellent team-based, collaborative culture
- Great work life balance
About the Opportunity
- Proactively monitor and analyze relevant domestic and foreign information sources including legislation and regulation, court rulings, advisor alerts, and published circulars to identify and assess tax changes
- Independently analyze and research information to ensure evidence of the research, impacts, and recommendations are appropriately documented in detail and in a consistent manner.
- Engage with and manage external advisors to ensure tax matters impacting the company are properly understood and documented.
- Identify, analyze and provide recommendations to the Senior Manager, Tax, Senior Director, Taxation, or other relevant parties, as applicable, on an efficient and timely basis of new and changing requirements impacting the organization.
- Assist the Senior Director, Taxation and Senior Manager, Enterprise Tax to monitor the company’s global tax compliance (excluding the U.S.) (approximately 200 returns in more than 9 jurisdictions) and reporting responsibilities, including income tax, indirect tax, and withholding tax that are either prepared in-house or outsourced to external tax service providers.
- Assist in monitoring all global tax compliance (excluding the U.S.), including tax compliance related to foreign offices and managing external tax service providers as needed.
- Monitor risk associated with global short-term business travel and track company’s tax reporting obligations.
- Assist with reviews, audits, disputes, and assessments initiated and performed by the CRA and other tax authorities, domestic and foreign, as appropriate. Work closely with all divisions such as Legal Services, Plan Operations, Investment Management, and Finance to resolve tax reviews and audits.
- Collaborate with the Senior Manager, Enterprise Tax, to develop a tax risk register by ensuring tax risks and related mitigants are adequately documented.
- Ensure tax advice and supporting documents related to the plan or its investments are appropriately maintained and documented.
- Provide support and guidance to other junior members of the tax team.
- Minimum 10 years of work experience in Taxation
- Excellent research and analysis skills, along with prior experience working with tax research software
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite
$120,000 to $135,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #344467
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.