About the Company
Our client is a growing company in the transportation services industry. They are looking to hire a Senior Accountant to their team to perform a variety of advanced accounting and related functions within the accounting department, demonstrating strong technical accounting knowledge in acting as a key resource for the month-end close.
- Great company culture and family environment
- Track record of promoting from within
- Very good work-life balance: 9am to 5pm with some overtime required to meet month- and year-end requirements
About the Opportunity
- Responsible for accounting and reporting for the organization in accordance with ASPE
- Full ownership of balance sheet account reconciliation including analysis of account balances between different systems and support schedules
- Generate monthly billing (invoicing) of operating and finance lease obligations
- Execute collections, payment reconciliation, follow-up on outstanding items, working across the organization to bring resolution/payment of amounts due
- Perform daily banking that includes deposits, online payment processing (EFT, wire) and bank reconciliation
- Ensure accurate reporting and remittances to government
- Preparation of month-end and year end working paper files, reconciliation and journal entries
- CPA (any) or close to obtaining
- 5+ years professional accounting experience; experience in similar industry an asset
- Possess an understanding and experience in the full accounting cycle
- Experience with leases is an asset
- Good attitude and work ethic
$75,000 - $85,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #26301.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.