ARE YOU A SENIOR JAVA BACKEND DEVELOPER / ARCHITECT READY FOR A NEW CHALLENGE? Take your career to the next level with this California-based company!
Senior Java 8+ Developer (Backend)
Our client, a rapidly growing application company based in California, is searching for a Senior backend Java Developer to join their small but growing enterprise software development team in Toronto (downtown).
We are looking for a senior developer with exceptional skills in the area of Java backend development, who is passionate about delivering a high quality product efficiently in scalable, high-volume environments.
About the Opportunity
- Develop scalable software applications with Java 9, refactoring an existing Python application and REST APIs
- Expand on your experience level with new technologies and trends relating to Java backend server / API application development
- Excel within an agile software development environment that allows for precise delivery timetables
- Work with and expand your knowledge of RESTful web development services
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or related disciplines
- Successful development and implementation of scalable backend applications using Python and/or Java 8+
- Experience with Java 9 is a plus (using Oracle JDK)
- Exposure to modern REST Java frameworks (eg. Dropwizard, Springboot, or others)
- Experience building and supporting RESTful APIs and services using Swagger / OpenAPI or simlar
- Experience working with RDBMS and/or NoSQL databases - preferably MySQL, Cassandra, etc.
- Experience with Google Cloud storage / BigQuery is a big plus
- Experience with frameworks like Django, Pylons, Rails, is a plus
- Experience with Git version control and Agile development environment
- Effective verbal and written communications skills
- Attention to detail
$125,000 - $130,000+/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #21351.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.
Lannick is the premier professional recruitment and staffing firm in the Greater Toronto Area. Founded in 1985, Lannick provides best-in-class finance, accounting and technology professionals at all roles and levels through its three divisions: Lannick Finance & Accounting, Pro Count Staffing and Lannick Technology. Lannick places more than 1,000 candidates annually and is a preferred vendor for Canada’s most successful organizations. Learn more at www.lannick.com.