About the Company
Our client is a mid-sized well-known company. They are looking for a SOX Compliance Professional who will support the Senior Manager, Risk and Internal Control in managing and maintaining the Internal Control processes and practices including ensuring SOX requirements are in place.
About the Opportunity
- Preparation of documentation and reports to ensure that the Company meets all SOX compliance
- Implementation and management of internal controls with respect to financial reporting policies, processes and procedures
- Documentation of control processes to identify any gaps in best practice and, where necessary recommend remediation plans for control deficiencies
- Review key risks and identify opportunities for risk mitigation
- Monitor changes in business processes, information systems, management and operations, and coordinate with functional staff to ensure mitigation of control risks
- Work with external auditors to ensure audits and related projects are completed in a timely and efficient manner
- CPA, CIA or CISA designation
- At least 3-4 years working experience in SOX/internal control environment
- Excellent Knowledge of SOX compliance – Skilled in identifying risks and controls
- In depth understanding of requirements for Internal Controls over Financial Reporting for Business Processes (Revenue cycle, Purchasing and Payables, Fixed Assets, Revenue Close and Financial Close, Customer Master File, Entity and Disclosure controls etc.)
$80,000 - $85,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #25957.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.