About the Company
Our client is a well-established private company who is a major supplier for the building industry. They are looking for a Senior Internal Auditor to join their internal audit group and provide value added services to internal customers.
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- Opportunity to join a growing organization, continuously looking for ways to expand and improve
- Great mentorship and professional development opportunities
- Strong collaborative culture and work life balance
- Comprehensive and competitive compensation package with unlimited profit sharing potential
- Acting as a business advisor to a network of Branch and Branch Managers across Ontario
- Possessing strong business judgment and the ability to identify opportunities to improve business processes
- Assessing situations quickly and coming up with a course of action to best meet the needs of the Branch and their teams
- Performing operational, process and financial reviews of all business units
- Proactively identifying risks and finding innovative approaches and solutions to mitigate risks and improve business controls
- Participating as an advisor in a wide variety of issues including acquisition and divestiture due diligence, fraud investigations, improvement teams, external audits, etc.
- Reviewing and analyzing large amounts of information and drawing informative conclusions and recommendations, covering such areas as the internal control environment, cash flow, information security, health and safety, operational effectiveness, efficiency and profitability
- Being a conduit between the Branch and the company’s National Support Centre
- Supporting through training, communication and project involvement, all on-going changes to company systems and practices initiated by the company’s National Support Centre
- Writing Standard Practice Instructions (company policies manual) and Job Aids to ensure necessary controls are communicated clearly and unnecessary steps are eliminated
- Having a strong controls mindset, maintain strict confidentiality in all work and the ability to remain objective and independent
- Participate in special projects as required
- There will be an expectation to travel around 20% throughout the year within Ontario. No overnight travel, all close drivable distance (i.e., morning to early afternoon)
- CPA, or CIA designation is a plus
- Minimum 3 years' experience in an audit function
- Ability to travel within Ontario with a valid driver’s license
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- Organized, detail-oriented, good time management skills and able to balance multiple priorities effectively
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote # 383265.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.