About the Company
Our client is a leading resource extraction company and they are looking for a Senior Internal Audit who will be responsible for the planning and execution of internal audits at the company.
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- Fast-pace, collaborative environment and supportive of professional development.
- Strong culture with low turnover.
- Responsible for maintaining the internal controls documentation including narratives and control matrices
- Assist with preparing annual risk assessment, scoping, and planning of internal controls program
- Coordinate and work directly with external auditors, consultants, and site management to implement the internal controls plan
- Perform testing to assess the design and operating efficiency of internal controls
- Present findings and control deficiencies to management
- Prepare written reports to management and the audit committee
- Coordinate and conduct follow-up reviews to ensure timely remediation of control gaps
- Maintain an effective working relationship with mine site management and staff
- Assist with performing internal audit projects and investigations
- Pursue continuous professional development opportunities and be highly motivated by opportunities for growth; and an ability to travel up to 30% (up to 2 week intervals)
- CPA or working towards an accounting designation
- 3+ years of audit experience in public accounting or in the resource industry
$85,000 - $90,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #371578
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.