About the Opportunity
- Provide assurance that key risks to meeting operating and strategic objectives are adequately controlled
- Oversee risk-focused audits and the identification of any significant control weaknesses
- Identify and assess areas of business and financial risk
- Perform financial reporting controls audit in accordance with SOX on an annual basis
- Support the annual audit plan
- Address issues or gaps identified, develop remediation plans, and monitor the implementation of those remediation plans
- Provide support to ensure that audits meet the Standards of Professional Practice of the Institute of Internal Auditors
- Evaluate all audits and other projects to identify any internal control weaknesses, accounting issues or weaknesses in processes
- Accumulate, evaluate, communicate, and follow-up on all audit findings for both internal controls and operational controls
- Prepare audit reports with findings and recommendations
- 2-5 years of internal audit, internal controls, finance, accounting, or other relevant experience
- Knowledge of risk assessment techniques, COSO, US GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley and ICOFR frameworks
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #332745.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.