About the Company
Our client is in the resources industry. They are looking for a Senior Internal Auditor who will be responsible for conducting complex audit activities, analyze and evaluate the performance of the organization’s financial, operational and managerial processes to identify risks gaps in control, and areas for improvement; to ensure the organizational compliance with all relevant policies and procedures, regulations, laws and standards.
Why Work Here
- Opportunity for training/ development and continuous learning
- Great, supportive, and dynamic culture
- Team friendly environment
About the Opportunity
- Monitor and evaluate how well risks are being managed, the business is governed, and internal controls are working throughout the execution of Internal Audit (IA) activities.
- Apply internal audit standards, policies, and regulatory requirements to provide timely audit assurance.
- Engage with cross functional and technical engagement teams comprised of diverse backgrounds and skill sets.
- Effectively plan, design and execute audits with minimal supervision (including performance of substantive testing to support stated audit objectives).
- Provide analysis and recommendations to improve the efficiency and overall success/profitability of the company.
- Timely completion of audit work that conforms to our audit methodology, SOX/PCAOB standards, and the IIA Standards of Professional Practice.
- Perform walkthrough, interim and year-end SOX testing (i.e. reporting on control design and operating effectiveness).
- Liaise with external auditors to provide support for internal controls, SOX assessments, and discussion of internal audit issues.
- Monitor, validate and report on the implementation status of management action plans resulting from audit engagements and SOX assessments.
- Participate in the continuous development of the company’s risk management and control maturity by educating and transferring risk and control knowledge to business process owners (i.e. personal training of others and self, to better support our customers and achieve our Internal Audit mission).
- Using advanced professional knowledge and technology such as data analytics, data mining, periodic and near-time continuous monitoring.
- CPA, CIA, or CFE
- 3 to 4 years’ experience in SOX and internal auditing within a multinational organization or serving multinational clients in a public accounting firm.
- A strong understanding of internal controls, PCAOB/ SOX standards, COSO Internal Control framework, and IFRS.
- Previous experience in mining or similar industries (oil & gas, construction, manufacturing) is an asset
Up to $90,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #321043.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.