About the Company
Our client is a leading producer in the natural resources and precious metals industry. They are currently looking for a Senior Internal Auditor to take responsibility for and consult on the internal auditing matters within the company.
Why Work Here
- Comprehensive salary and benefits package
- Fast-paced, collaborative environment and supportive of professional development
- A strong company culture with low employee turnover
About the Opportunity
- Responsible for maintaining the internal controls documentation including narratives and control matrices;
- Assist with preparing annual risk assessment, scoping and planning of internal controls program;
- Coordinate and work directly with external auditors, consultants and site management;
- Perform testing to assess the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls;
- Present findings and control deficiencies to management;
- Prepare written reports to management and the Audit Committee;
- Coordinate and conduct follow-up reviews to ensure timely remediation of control gaps;
- Maintain an effective working relationship with mine site management and staff;
- Assist with executing internal audit projects and investigations;
- Support ESTMA reporting including the collection and validation of information;
- Pursue continuous professional development opportunities and willingness to grow;
- Ability to travel up to 30% (up to 2-week intervals). No travel scheduled for 2021
- CPA or CPA in progress (passed CFE)
- Public Accounting (Big 6) or relevant industry experience
- Experience within the Mining, Oil/Gas, Manufacturing industries is a strong asset
- SOX experience is an asset
- French or Spanish is an asset
$80,000 - $85,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #29400.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.