About the Opportunity
- Assist management with its assessment of internal controls over financial reporting and related disclosures
- Work with process owners to develop/update and review the Sarbanes-Oxley 404 documentation and flowcharts
- Efficiently analyze, evaluate, and document internal control over financial reporting assessments. Report findings or results timely.
- Manage the IT General Controls Program
- Support the preparation of the annual risk assessment, scoping (including IT applications) and plan
- Understand and review IT and business processes (including key systems) and the related control environment to assess risk and support ongoing risk monitoring
- Identify and report all control deficiencies. Work with business process owners assisting with effective remediation plans for all deficiencies
- Monitor compliance with applicable Accounting policies and internal control framework
- Support Audit Manager by assisting with liaison support when working with the external audit firm, regarding inquiries by the auditor and their reliance on management’s assessment of internal controls over financial reporting
- Assist management with planning, executing, and reporting on financial and operational audits
- Conduct audits to assess the adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of the operations including internal controls and procedures
- Perform audit procedures including documenting processes and procedures, reviewing and analyzing evidence, identifying and defining issues
- Assist in setting the audit scope and plan; and take responsibility for the overall execution of the audit engagement through wrap-up and final report delivery
- CPA, CA designation
- 7+ years of internal or external audit experience.
- Experience with SOX, Internal controls and PSAB
- Strong oral, presentation and written communication skills
- Ability to explain accounting/audit/internal control requirements to non-accounting personnel within the organization
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with a variety of different groups, including peers, managers and auditors
- Self-directed, able to work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrates proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge or experience with Great Plains, Visio
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #27722.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.