About the Opportunity
- Review and reconcile daily activity of the funds - analyze daily cash flow activities, reconcile assets and cash balances.
- Generate cash management analyses including the preparation of wires and transfers
- Process fund level accounts payable and related expenses
- Prepare capital calls and distributions of private funds
- Prepare partnership allocations
- Input manual entries, prepare required daily reporting and journal entries to support activity
- Coordinate with team members to ensure all activity is accounted for on a timely basis
- Understand legal agreements to ensure relevant aspects are captured by fund accounting including the related impact on reporting
- Preparation monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and annual audit packages.
- Assist in the preparation of tax information for tax filings
- Respond to inquiries from counterparties, vendors, auditors, etc.
- Participate in projects and other general support as needed
- The candidate will have between 3-5 years of accounting experience. US GAAP familiarity is ideal and public accounting experience is an advantage.
- University/College degree with a focus on accounting or finance, or equivalent training
- A recognized Professional Accounting designation
- Ideal candidates should also possess:
- Successful completion of the Canadian Securities Course;
- Experience using an ERP system; and
- Financial industry experience
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Detail-oriented, with strong analytical skills but also able to focus on the objectives of the project
- Strong self-starter with good organizational and time-management skills
- Good team player and excellent communication skills
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #388298.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.