About the Company
Our client is a leading investment management company specializing in a multitude of asset classes through a network of unique portfolios. They are currently looking for a Senior Fund Accountant
Why Work Here
- Generous compensation and benefits
- Opportunity for significant global exposure and diversification
- Future opportunities for growth and development into senior positions
About the Opportunity
- Perform and lead fund administration activities to deliver world class services to our investors as well as other stakeholders.
- Support our private credit, healthcare royalties and private equity strategies.
- Record the journal entries for management fees, investments, accruals, other expense/income, valuation adjustments and bank reconciliations and other fund accounting.
- Manage the fund’s capital activity process, specifically the preparation of capital call notices, maintaining capital rebalancing schedules, and the calculation of the fund’s carried interest.
- Perform monthly reconciliations of the funds’ cash and investment positions.
- Work directly with the Manager of Fund Accounting and Senior Fund Accountant to calculate the fund’s net asset value on a quarterly basis.
- Assist with control assessments and determining the accounting classification for new and existing fund portfolio investments.
- Assist in and perform level 3 valuations of investments.
- Coordinate audit activities with the funds’ and management company’s external auditor and assist in the preparation of the funds’ audited financial statements.
- Working on our controlled company investments.
- Generate custom client reporting, including but not limited to monthly fund performance estimates.
- Collaborate with investor relations to produce quarterly marketing materials.
- Own the fund accounting and operation process including, but not limited to, overseeing cash management, expense reporting, and preparation of quarterly investor statements.
- Oversee the fund’s tax compliance process, specifically working with tax consultants to calculate book to tax allocations and ensure tax returns are filed timely in accordance with the Limited Partnership Agreement and local tax authority.
- Ensure full compliance with the finance statutes of the Limited Partnership Agreement and controls formulated for key processes.
- Take a leadership role in refining and implementing control enhancements, including, but not limited to, fund and LP financial reporting as well as fund performance reporting.
- Improve the real-time flow of critical information across key internal stakeholders.
- Provide leadership to system and automation efforts critical to scaling our control and fund accounting platform to support the organization’s strategic objectives.
- Data analysis needed for corporate accounting team (including Economic Net Income models, budget, AUM, etc.)
- Provide ad-hoc data requests for internal partners, including investor relations, legal, the investment team and others.
- Accountant will also get involved in special projects as well.
- 2 or more years of relevant fund accounting and administration work experience.
- Strong knowledge in Internal Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
$85,000 - $110,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #325797.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.