About the Company
Our client is a leading,Toronto-based investment management firm providing capital to middle market companies across North America. They manage approximately $2B in capital sourced from pension funds, banks, insurance companies, family offices and high net worth individuals. They are looking to hire a Senior Fund Accountant, who will be involved with preparing and reviewing full cycle fund accounting and financial reporting for several Funds and related entities, analyzing investment transactions, valuation and performance and supporting the needs of various internal and external stakeholders.
Why Work Here
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package
- Company is growing and launching additional funds
- The organization is entrepreneurial and not title-driven
About the Opportunity
- Prepare and enter the journal entries in order to maintain the general ledger for the Funds and related entities as assigned
- Perform quarterly reconciliations and analysis of all accruals
- Review and approve work of Fund Accountants
- Research, recommend and apply changes in the Funds’ and related entities accounting policies. • Liaise with the external auditors
- Perform daily bank reconciliations and reporting for the Funds and related entities
- Process and monitor the timely and accurate receipt of debt collections and derivative settlements
- Perform cash flow analysis, forecasting, budgeting and administer debt rollover, credit facility and hedge settlement notices
- Administer bank wiring instructions and be a point of contact for banking relations
- Prepare quarterly and annual financial statements, including note disclosure, for the Funds and related entities in Canadian GAAP
- Prepare quarterly capital account statements for investors
- Assist in the preparation of working papers to facilitate the Funds’ and other entities compliance reporting (e.g. GST/HST, Income Tax, FATCA, CRS, AIFMD, KYC etc.).
- Assist in the preparation and presentation of ad hoc and routine quarterly reporting for internal and external parties
- Prepare Fund capital call and distribution notices
- Assist with Fund Accounting related Investor Relations requests
- Assist in the preparation of Board package materials
- Review Fund and Corporate invoices, expense allocations and ensure proper period end cut-off
- Prepare financial analysis of quarterly and annual performance reporting for deals and entities
- Prepare monthly Borrowing Base Certificates, quarterly Compliance Certificates and other administrative duties related to the Funds’ credit facility
- Maintain a working knowledge of current accounting principles and developing issues that affect investment partnerships and advising management on their proper application
- Ensure the Funds’ and related entities ongoing compliance with Partnership/Shareholder agreements, regulatory requirements and other legal agreements and internal policies.
- Assist with the preparation of performance reports
- Train, mentor and oversee work of junior staff
- Assist with performance assessments of junior staff.
- Identify opportunities and support initiatives of others to further evolve processes to strengthen controls, eliminate inefficiencies and improve scalability
- Organize Department workflow and lead special projects as assigned.
- Assist fellow Finance/Operations team members with routine duties and projects as necessary
- An undergraduate degree in Finance or Accounting
- Professional Designation (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA, CFA)
- At least 3 years Fund Accounting experience, Private Equity experience
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 30280.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.