About the Company
Our client is a prominent healthcare centre in the GTA. They are looking for a Senior Financial Reporting Specialist to provide hands-on leadership and get directly involved to create, maintain and oversee sound financial reporting practices.
About the Opportunity
- Create, review and analyze internal/external financial reports at a consolidated and at an individual site level
- Conduct thorough analysis of financial data on a monthly basis
- Support the Manager on core finance, pension accounting and reporting, taxation matters and special projects
- Oversee the financial processes/policies and internal controls of financial reporting systems including compliance with legislative requirements
- Responsible and support the annual year end audit(s), internal control operations, review and preparation of the monthly financial statements and associated analysis for both internal and Board committee meetings
- Assist in establishing, improving and implementing accounting policies and procedures including financial reporting, budgeting and internal controls ensuring adherence to all regulatory requirements, generally accepted accounting practices and company guidelines
- Oversee the daily management of the Financial Reporting team and provide operational leadership and direction to the team
- Responsible for the mentorship of 5 Financial Analysts, along with detailed review of work completed by the Financial Analyst
- CPA Designation
- Minimum 5 years of progressive financial reporting/accounting experience
- Experience within a Big 4 accounting firm, healthcare or non-profit organization is considered an asset
- Computer software proficiency in SAP, Meditech, Infor, Excel, Access and Tableau is an asset
- Experience overseeing a team, and building team capacity
- Proven leader with excellent communication skills
$75,000 - $90,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #25782.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.