About the Company
Our client in the natural resources industry is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst who will be working closely with the treasury team to provide support in the areas of Financial and Treasury reporting
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- Very inclusive environment, collaborative culture and a strong culture that rewards exceptional performance
- Strong mentorship opportunities, the company typically hires top caliber individuals.
- Assist in the preparation, coordination and analysis of the monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and notes and MD&A, including preparation of internal management reports and external reporting;
- Assist in the preparation, coordination and analysis of the monthly, quarterly and annual reporting for derivative financial instruments;
- Assist in analyzing risk exposures, hedge effectiveness and ad hoc analysis as required to support treasury activities;
- Prepare and post monthly consolidation journal entries;
- Supervise, mentor and develop co-op students;
- Maintain and adhere to established SOX internal controls, modify/update as required;
- Meet established internal and external deadlines to ensure timely financial reporting;
- Liaise with various internal departments, including, tax, treasury, planning and investor relations, to provide reports or information as required;
- Communicate effectively with minesites and regional offices to coordinate the timely submission of financial information and interpreting financial submissions;
- Key corporate contact for Latin America and Australia Pacific region;
- Complete analysis on various consolidation financial statement accounts;
- Enhance and continuously improve the consolidated reporting process, including opportunities to reduce cycle time, as appropriate;
- Participate in and support special projects as required.
- 3+ years of related work experience is an asset
- IFRS and mining industry knowledge is an asset
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- OneStream and SAP experience an asset
$80,000 to $90,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 345597.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role