About the Company
Our client is a large corporate finance organization. They are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst, Investment Accounting who will be responsible for maintaining the accounting records for financial instruments of a group of companies within the company.
Why Work Here
- Excellent compensation package
- Great opportunities for growth
- World class asset management company
About the Opportunity
- Liaise with external provider of investment accounting services to ensure investment holdings are accurately reflected in Investment Book of Record (IBOR)
- Review daily accounting entries for financial instruments (transactions, accruals etc)
- Manage month end and quarter end close for investment accounting processes
- Manage working papers for close cycle (ie: custodian par reconciliations, roll forward reports, FX reasonability, AOCI statement, impairment testing, financial statement disclosures etc)
- Manage general ledger feeds from IBOR
- Partner with colleagues from the Investment departments, Structuring team, Tax, Legal, Finance and Treasury to accurately reflect transactions in IBOR
- Participate and contribute to accounting and operational changes to maximize efficiencies though process improvement initiatives or cross-functional projects
- Collaborate with corporate accounting team and external clients on reporting requirements
- Liaise with internal and external audit teams and update documentation for key controls and key business processes accordingly
- Assist with technical accounting research and implementation of new reporting standards
- 5+ years of progressive experience. CPA designation required.
- Experience in investment accounting, exposure to insurance is an asset
- Proficient understanding of Financial Instruments guidance under US GAAP and IFRS
$90,000 - $100,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #323636.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.