ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST OF INTERNAL CONTROLS ROLE THAT OFFERS A GREAT DEAL OF FLEXIBILITY, REWARDS, AND RECOGNITION? Our client is looking for a strong Senior Financial Analyst of Internal Controls to join their team.
Senior Financial Analyst, Internal Controls
The Senior Financial Analyst, Internal Controls will play a key role in implementation and execution of internal control program at as part of compliance across various business units.
About the Opportunity
- Assisting the Senior Manager with annual Internal Control Program planning efforts
- Understanding and documenting significant processes at various business units
- Identifying the risks to the integrity of the Company’s financial statements within each process and controls that are in place to mitigate those risks
- Identifying, document, and communicate to respective process owners the areas of process improvements
- Effectively designing and performing walkthroughs and tests of key controls
- Evaluating the completeness and accuracy of financial information that supports the controls
- Documenting and discussing with management any exceptions identified during walkthrough or testing of controls, provide recommendations for remediating activities, and work with process owners to develop management action plans, effectively monitor the status, and test the completion by the due date
- To be in charge of one of the Internal Control Programs
- Assisting the Senior Manager with any ad hoc projects or management requests
- An organized individual who lives for the deadlines and has strong attention to detail
- An analytical thinker who loves numbers and digging deep
- A project manager who knows how to prioritize and work across multiple teams
- The successful candidate must have a minimum of two years of progressive experience in compliance or audit
- A professional designation in the area (CPA, CA or CPA, CMA, CIA, or CISA), or pursing an audit designation is a plus
- A strong knowledge of internal auditing and control standards is an asset
- Knowledge of COSO/COBIT and risk-based audit methodology
- Highly developed judgment and problem-solving skills to analyze risk issues and assist with formulating solutions
- Well-developed analytical and research skills
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and presentation), excellent interpersonal and people management skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously and proven ability to deliver in a fast-paced environment
- SAP Experience and knowledge of data analytics tools is an asset
- Knowledge of French/Spanish/Cantonese is an asset
- Ability to travel internationally is an asset
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #20818.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.
Lannick is the premier professional recruitment and staffing firm in the Greater Toronto Area. Founded in 1985, Lannick provides best-in-class finance, accounting and technology professionals at all roles and levels through its three divisions: Lannick Finance & Accounting, Pro Count Staffing and Lannick Technology. Lannick places more than 1,000 candidates annually and is a preferred vendor for Canada’s most successful organizations. Learn more at www.lannick.com.
Better jobs. Better people. Better fit.