About the Company
Our client is a leading global services company with a multitude of expanding business lines. They are currently looking for a Senior Financial Analyst who will be responsible for accounting, budgeting and forecasting on monthly, quarterly and annual basis in addition to ad hoc projects.
Why Work Here
- Fast-paced culture of support, growth, and collaboration within the company
- Comprehensive compensation and benefits package
- Vast opportunities for growth and advancement with performance
About the Opportunity
- Month End Close
- Review project revenue/gross margins & unbilled backlog analysis with the finance/operational leaders for month end review.
- Prepare the revenue recognition entries (using percentage of completion revenue recognition) with supporting
- Conduct project financial close out and reconciliation.
- Record journal entries, and maintain and reconcile general ledger to the job cost and other sub ledgers.
- Answering internal and external financial inquiries as it relates to the specific client account.
- Perform timely month end close and ensure recording all pertinent transactionsEnsure / investigate
- Financial Planning & Analysis Support
- Conduct detailed profitability analysis of variances between planned, forecasted, and actual figures
- Assistance in conducting accurate and complete forecasting of revenue and margins by project
- Provide support for process improvement initiatives
- Provide support for job costing and pricing
- Prepare other ad hoc reports for management as required
- Understand GAAP requirements, particularly around revenue recognition
- Understand basic interactions between financial systems related to the portfolio supported
- 3-6 years of progressive experience in public accounting or industry roles
- Proven experience working with Advanced Excel functions and other Microsoft tools (i.e. PowerPoint)
$80,000 - $90,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #334916.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role