About the Company
Our client is an electric utility company. They are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst, FP&A who will be responsible for collaborating with operational leaders and executives in a variety of activities within the financial planning, analysis and reporting processes across the company.
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- Smaller company with broader exposure
- Marketable going forward
- Entrepreneurial environment, setting policies, procedures, best practices etc.
- Planning, Forecasting, and Budgeting. Work with operational departments in developing annual budgets, quarterly financial forecasts, monthly variance analysis and financial reporting (entity and project level).
- Analyzing project and entity level profitability and overall financial performance; and reconciliation of forecasts to budget to identify financial risks and opportunities.
- Leads project budget reviews, utilizes historical and trending data to inform forecasts, and develop and maintain reports on business line performance relative to financial models
- Assist in maintaining multi-year cash flow forecasting model including full financial statements at entity level and bank covenant reporting
- Supports Operations team with decision making by identifying, quantifying, and communicating financial risks and opportunities and providing advice and guidance regarding financial matters
- Reviewing operating results across all entities identifying key trends and variance analysis, identification of risks, gaps to target and areas of improvements
- Assist in the preparation of financial presentations and reports for senior management and the Board, highlighting the most relevant and important findings
- Develop business cases through the ability to interpret and translate business and technology concepts into financial terms and requirements
- Develop new and maintain existing complex financial models to drive quantitative insights to support business decisions, and professional qualifications
- CPA completed or in progress
- Minimum 3-5 years of accounting and financial analysis experience
$85,000 - $95,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote # 346936
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.