About the Company
Our client is one of the largest social service agencies in Canada. They are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst (FP&A) to join their finance team that is a central resource to the entire organization.
Why Work Here
- Close-knit office, open door communication, good work life balance, and flexibility to work from home.
- Opportunity for growth in this role
- This role bridges corporate to business units, highly visible relational role
About the Opportunity
- Look for innovative ways to improve existing financial planning and analysis processes, including developing and maintaining long-term capital and operating budgets, in-year forecasting, business case development and much more
- Support core financial processes (annual budget, quarterly forecasts, monthly reporting) to build a solid and compelling financial plan that meets the expectations of the program areas
- Support program stakeholders with analyzing and evaluating unit/division level financials on a monthly basis
- Lead month-end process through the preparation of journal entries and reporting of financial performance.
- Provide support to program leadership by regularly meeting with program managers to investigate variances while identifying risks and opportunities, coordinating monthly program level financial review presentations, and attending monthly business unit meetings to discuss performance
- Model and analyze a large volume of data as part of business case development to help drive decision making
- Provide sound and timely information to the management team to facilitate optimal decision making.
- Participate in ad-hoc clinical and financial projects by providing financial/statistical analysis and strategic insights to drive decision making
- Liaising with corporate finance departments for program financial management, activity reporting, and funding proposals, as well as funding reconciliations and audit requirements
- CPA designation or in-progress
- Minimum 2-3 years of relevant accounting and analysis experience
- Experience from public accounting a strong asset
$75,000 - $80,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #305877.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.