About the Company
Our client is a leading natural resources company. They are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to join their Corporate Reporting who will be responsible for the quarterly and annual consolidated financial reporting and month end close as it relates to the Company's daily operations.
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- Comprehensive salary and benefits package
- Fast-paced, collaborative environment and supportive of professional development.
- Strong company culture with low turnover
- Performing monthly consolidation process, including coordination of closing timelines with subsidiaries, intercompany elimination process, top-level adjustments.
- Assisting with preparation of the assigned sections of the monthly management report of operations and coordinating the completion of the report.
- Preparing the quarterly consolidated financial statements.
- Assisting with the preparation of the quarterly Management Discussion & Analysis, as needed.
- Assisting with IFRS research to develop policies on technical accounting requirements.
- Assisting with the preparation and review of the monthly and quarterly topside journal entries.
- Supporting system and process implementation and improvements within the financial reporting group.
- Leading the development and enforcement of business and financial policies, procedures, and internal control.
- Working with the Internal Audit function to enhance the state of internal controls framework at the corporate office and at the Company’s sites to ensure reliability and effectiveness of financial systems and controls and compliance with the SOX Section 404.
- Keeping abreast of emerging issues, evolving regulatory requirements, changes to financial reporting systems and assessing potential impacts.
- Performing ad-hoc analysis, reconciliations and assisting the finance team with other tasks as needed.
- 4-6 years of experience within a relevant industry or Public Accounting
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft products, including Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Experience with SAP and Oracle/Hyperion or other leading planning solutions is an asset.
Highly competitive compensation package which includes base, bonus, RRSP match among other incentives.
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #391823.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.