About the Company
Our client is a consumer packaged goods company. They are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst - Financial Reporting. This position will report to the Director of Finance.
Why Work Here
- Positive Work Environment
- Very collaborative
- Competitive health and benefits package
- Growing Company
About the Opportunity
- Responsible for drafting financial statements and MD&A
- Plays a key role in ensuring the company is compliant with IFRS by monitoring the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) projects, assessing the impact of any new standards
- Assist with the design and implementation of an ICFR program and ensuring the company maintains a proper internal control environment
- Draft the external consolidated financial statements and notes
- Ensure financial reporting and disclosure is in compliance with IFRS and OSC regulations
- Make recommendations on changes to disclosure when required to be in compliance with IFRS or Regulatory standards
- Liase with the auditors on financial statement disclosures, as needed
- Prepare first draft of the MD&A for internal management review
- Provide variance analysis of consolidated balance sheet and income statement balances
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly Audit Committee reporting package
- Research complex accounting issues and the potential impact on the business.
- Monitor and summarize new accounting standards and assess potential impacts to the Company.
- Draft documentation and/or accounting memos to support financial accounting positions as required for both the auditors and internal stakeholders.
- Work with the Finance team to ensure that all new or modified standards are implemented in a timely manner.
- Prepare and/or update the company’s accounting policies and procedures to reflect new accounting standards when they are implemented
- Assist in the accounting and analysis of complex issues including financial instruments and share-based payments
- Review competitor’s financial statements
- Assist with documentation and implementation of accounting policies
- Work with Investor Relations to provide financial support or analysis as needed
- 3-4 years of experience
- Big 6 Firm experience
$85,000 - $95,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #364806.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.
Senior Financial Reporting Analyst
Direct Hire job in Brampton